12.05.2007

Something - It's What's for Dinner

I'm feeling better today. I was actually able to check a number of things off my to-do list yesterday and it now seems semi-manageable. I just feel so discombobulated when we move. But now that the pictures are hung, my soul began to relax again. I don't think I will feel completely better until this weekend, when we are all the way out of the old house, into the new place, and I'm back into a nice routine. I live by my routines.

Luckily today's Works for Me Wednesday is a What Do I Fix edition where you tell your best quick recipes although I am not going to be posting any because my idea was already there, at least two times. My favorite quick dinner is breakfast. Sometimes I do French toast, sometimes pancakes, but most often it is eggs and toast or breakfast burritos. Last night we did a combination because half way through making breakfast burritos, I realized I only had one tortilla. Poor Craig, we didn't get meal planning done this weekend so Monday he got spaghetti and last night he got one sad breakfast burrito. That is two nights in a row without meat (at least their is protein in his pb&j sandwiches to sustain him). And the only reason we had a decent meal on Sunday was because we ate at church and someone else fixed it. Last night he actually asked me what we are having tonight and I said - something. I'm sure that was very reassuring. But at least there will be chicken. I'm not sure exactly what else, but there will be chicken in there. I don't have a lot to work with. Our fridge is basically empty and the freezer has soy beans, pureed pumpkin, chicken and cool whip. I'd better go check out those WFMW ideas.

1 comment :

  1. well, if i need a fall back, spaghetti is wonderful its filling, and pretty inexpensive, especially if you add frozen (or you could make your own) chicken nuggets, and then its like bite size chicken parmesan. I like to call it "chicken nugget parmesan" what can i say, im just that creative at naming things :)

    ReplyDelete