8.13.2008

Home again, Home again, jiggity jig

Well, we have been here almost a week now and are beginning to get settled. Craig and I unpacked a ton of stuff on Thursday night and all day Friday; we were so eager to sleep in our own bed and eat off of our own plates.

We were done unpacking on Saturday but we didn't have to take the truck back until Monday. We took advantage of that and did a bit of garage sale and thrift store shopping where we found a couch and a dresser, and picked up a bookshelf from a friend that was moving out of town. What luck! I think the apartment is beginning to shape up and feel like home. Even Zeeba thinks so, she has finally come out from hiding under the bed all the time and has discovered the windowsill is big enough for her to sit on and look out at the birds.

Other than that it's been errand running, errand running and, you guess it, more errand running. I think we have been to Walmart every day for the last 4 days. And the DMV - oh what fun.

As we have been driving around, I have noted a few things:

1. There are sooo many churches around here. Now I know that there aren't really any more than when I lived here a year anda half ago but now I notice it. Everywhere you go, there's a church. I don't know if it's just the number or that they all look different (unlike LDS buildings which are all pretty similar) that's catching my eye.. Either way, it's cool.

2. It's humid! Again, this is something that I "knew" but my mind had somehow pushed out the memories of how awful it makes you feel. If I spend even 30 minutes outside, I start to feel sick. Gatorade is definitely my friend right now. I just hope I get acclimated quickly.

3. Texans are so friendly. Other states may be nice, but Texas friendly is just above and beyond. I love it. And being back just reminds me that no matter where I go, in my heart, I will always be a Texan. And now, I'm home.

2 comments :

  1. yeah, humidity can be a slap in the face when you're not used to it! But your skin will stay nice an moist :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had to laugh at the Wal-Mart comment. Karen and I have been to Wal-Mart EVERY day too. Now I don't feel so guilty.

    We're glad you guys are doing so well and are happy.

    And yeah, HUMIDITY SUUUUCKS!!!!

    ReplyDelete