12.08.2008

A good and bad weekend

I thought this was going to be a nice calm weekend. Craig's semester ends today so I knew he would have lots of studying and writing to do so I was just planning on relaxing and doing some crafts. Which was a good plan because I was not feeling good. Not just in the way that means Craig gets his head snapped off when he asks me if he should check down an walgreens aisle for tape, but also a getting a cold and can barely swallow anything and my head feels like it is about to explode kinda way. So overall, not a great weekend for me. Staying home and resting would have been a wise plan.

But Friday night, after being too sick to attend the party we were planning on going to, I find out that my old college friends, Eric and M.B, were both coming in to town to go to neat events and hang out with the rest of the old gang, that does live in town but I still never see :-) So I decided to abandon my old plans in exchange for running around town with them. And I'm glad I did, they are so much fun to be around to catch up with them all and I enjoyed hearing about their adult lives and current goings on.

And it was nice to be around people I have known for years and can just be myself with.
But that was also a problem, because I was myself. But not my nice normal self. My nasty crabby feeling sick self. Probably one twentieth of the things I said, I shouldn't have. They were either not nice, or gossippy, or rehashes of political/religious arguements that I have swore to myself I would never have again. And when you spend over 12 hours with people and talk as much as me, that is a lot of things said. Do you ever have moments were you know you should make yourself stop talking but somehow yourself just doesn't listen. Why doesn't it. I want to know.

You might think I'm being hard on myself, and I really hope I am. Because I like these people, and I don't want them to hate me. But realistically, I know these people well and I probably offended every single person there - except maybe M.B. because she never seems to get offended at anything, she is like a duck the way things roll of her back... and the way she waddles because she still has to walk with a boot. See, I can even compare her to a duck and I know she won't get offended. :-)

But the other good thing about old friends, is that they have seen me on good days and on bad and our friendship has always survived, so I'm sure it will continue after this. But next time they visit, I hope I can be a bit nicer. Or they can be crabby and I'll put up with them and we can be even again. That would work too.

2 comments :

  1. Please take some "nice" pills before you head this way, even if they're only placebos (M&Ms will do)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) your mom is funny! I doubt you have anything to worry about, even if you were 'rude' you're nice nature far outweighs the few times you might say something harsh.

    ReplyDelete