9.20.2008

Museum Day!

Y'all know the BRC loves free stuff. And we love museums. Well, on Sept 27th, we will be able to combine our two loves, because it is Museum Day 2008!

No really, I didn't make that up. Go here to the Smithsonian Magazine website and get your free passes which grant you free access to Smithsonian Institute Museums, and don't think that means you have to be in D.C; there are lots in Texas and probably where you are, too. And did I mention it was free? The website has a complete list of participating museums but here are a few that looked neat to me (plus, some are located where I happen to know some of my readers are from):

Louisville Slugger Museum and Factory (Louisville, KY)
Olbrich Botanical Gardens (Madison, WI)
Albuquerque International Balloon Museum (Albuquerque, NM)
Hawaii Maritime Center (Honolulu - Too bad the pass doesn't include transportation)

Craig and I are thinking about heading up to Ft. Worth to check one out. Hopefully you can find one in your area as well.

5 comments :

  1. Should you decide to come up to Fort Worth, perhaps we could meet up for some food/discussion. Though I don't know if people as different as Craig and myself are allowed to occupy the same space without it creating a black hole or something.

    It's worth looking into.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys should totally get together! I can provide mutual phone numbers for ease of planning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. too bad! the museum that'd be free in my town, already has free admission. That and we've been there 4 times...in 3 months..

    ReplyDelete
  4. A.o.b. - just send us an email so we can talk it over without all of our crazy stalkers finding out (j/k, we only have one crazy stalker and he lives in Utah)

    Amanda - Your town obviously needs more museums with such a high demand :-)

    ReplyDelete