1.07.2008

Congratulations!

Craig and I would like to congratulate Rachel on her engagement to a certain "Gentleman Caller." I actually got the news while at Amanda's reception. Craig walked up to me and handed me a cell phone saying someone wanted to talk to me. I was worried at first since he didn't tell them to call back I thought maybe someone died or was hurt. But then he grabbed the camera and got ready to take a picture of me which would have been odd if that was the case. I could say more about my reaction but I think this picture shows it better. That poor bouquet barely made it through the conversation.
Sadly, I have never met Rachel's Gentleman Caller turned fiancé. I have heard about him and seen his comments on her blog and I don't dislike him. This is actually saying a lot since I tend to not like people until I get to know them pretty well. But I welcome the time when we can get to know him better to see if he is good enough for her. I don't think this will be a problem because, excepting her choice of political candidates and her fascination with a certain tv show concerning small round cartoon children with foul mouths, Rachel is a woman of impeccable taste so I am sure he is a swell guy. And he better be, if he wants to marry one of my best friends and someday be her baby daddy. So again, Congratulations Rachel.

1 comment :

  1. Thank you! There certainly is a lot of high praise contained in that entry.

    ReplyDelete