1.29.2008

Lame Names

The local paper had an insert this weekend called "Babes of 2007." Unfortunately, it was referring to babies, rather than attractive women. Anyway, in what is fast becoming an annual tradition (here's last year's entry), I sift through the parent-submitted entries to bring you the Stupidest Baby Names of the Year:

Boys
  • Jex
  • Dreyson
  • Chanz
  • Braxon
  • Bracken
  • Rieker
  • Dax
  • Teancum
  • Riot
Girls
  • Kaizlee
  • Bentley
  • McCole
  • McKenrie
As you can see, modern parents apparently get more, uh, "creative" with boy names than with girl names, as I couldn't find too many girl names to ridicule. Of course, you must realize that my standards had to be pretty high low to keep the list size manageable. However, it seems that people can just throw a "Mc" in front of anything and make it a name for a baby girl. Why don't I try it? How about McSewage? Isn't that cute?!

5 comments :

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. **let me try this again. i deleted my own comment, because i cannot type.**

    craig, every year i absolutely CRINGE at the names in the "babes of 20xx" in the hj. honestly, no where but in utah will you find names like the ones you've listed here.

    it's seriously crazy what parents will name their kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The next day they posted the lists of Top 10 baby names in the valley and in the nation. Both our favorite girl name and our favorite boy name were in the top nationally and I think one was in the valley top 10 too. It is so depressing. I love my name and how it is unique but not weird. I guess parents try so hard to be unique that they just don't notice how awful the name is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really surprised how rude you are. You should stop being so negative. I have told you a hundred times think positively.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a good thing everyone gets to name their own kids. I find it interesting you choose to mock people's names, isn't there better things you can do with your time? (especially when your wife has a "Mac" sound in her name and some of the names you have listed start with a "Mc" sound) I hope when you have your own kids people will be kinder when they hear what you have named yours.

    ReplyDelete