6.02.2009

One Man's Trash

I am not above salvaging household items from in or near the dumpster. In the past, I've found a table, a grill, a vacuum cleaner, a TV, and a lamp at various apartment complexes I've lived in. This weekend, we spotted this:


Specifically, I'm referring to the white cabinet. When we saw it sitting there, I said, "Hey, let's get that." MacKenzie was skeptical, but I convinced her to come check it out with me, and she found it acceptable. We especially like the doors on this one, because they hide our movie collection. Not that there's anything wrong with our collection (other than all the chick flicks). We just like to have it tucked away.

For comparison, here's the old TV stand. I didn't take a good photo before we switched them out, so this old one is all you get.


P.S. I found another vacuum today, but it's huge, so I'll probably have MacKenzie put it on Freecycle, as I did with the TV when the pawn shops rejected it (because it was too old). Look at me, keeping stuff out of the landfill.

2 comments :

  1. My husband - so easy to please. Just let him bring home trash. But then again, when we are eventually settled, I will want furniture I've actually picked out and purchased myself and that might be a tough sell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and please ignore the overflowing bookshelf.

    ReplyDelete