12.16.2021

2021 Classics Challenge Wrap-up

I did it! My 7th year doing the Back to the Classics challenge is done. I really wasn't sure I was going to get all 12 categories done this year. I actually read more books this year than I have since 2014 but surprisingly a lot of that was more modern and non-fiction (and not as surprising, a lot of of that was children's and middle grade, both pre-reading and read-aloud/along). 

But the Classics I did read, I overwhelmingly enjoyed. I can't think of any of them that I look back and think "well, that was a waste of time" although I am also much more willing to abandon books part way through than I used to be. I think I realizing I'm running out of time to read all the things that are worth reading. Now I get to rest on my laurels for approximately 2 second before thinking about what I am going to read next year!


19th Century Classic: Silas Marner

20th Century Classic: The Chosen

Classic by a Woman: My Cousin Rachel

Classic in Translation: The Daughter of the Commandant

Classic by a BIPOC: Their Eyes Were Watching God

Classic by a New-to-You Author: Ngaio Marsh's Death in a White Tie

Classic by a Favorite Author: Celia's House

Classic about an Animal: Lassie Come-Home

Humor or Satire: That Hideous Strength

Children's Classic: The Little Prince
 
Travel/Adventure Classic: Phantastes

Classic Play:  Antigone

(If I need to be reached, please do so at Limesand AT gmail.com)


No comments :

Post a Comment