8.03.2007

Grocery Record

Back in the day, I expressed excitement about saving $10.34 on a $13.42 grocery purchase. Well, I shattered that mark today at Albertson's. The wife and I spent $59.33 and saved...

wait for it...

$80.61!

We did this in part by buying 14 boxes of cereal. In addition to getting each for $1.50, we had 5 General Mills cereal coupons. I also had a BOGO coupon for shampoo, and MacKenzie applied a coupon to sale-priced unmentionable female items. The coup de grace was BOGO on $20 bags of shrimp. While that may be a lot to spend on shrimp, it was a good deal, and MacKenzie had just found a recipe to use those shrimp with. We'll use it to entertain sometime.

P.S. Here's an Albertson's shopping list.

2 comments :

  1. I totally took advantage of the 15 boxes of cereal thing at Albertson's this week, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am impressed with your cheapness, er, I mean, THRIFTINESS. Plus, you have breakfast nailed for the next year!

    ReplyDelete