10.12.2007

Baseball Cable Creep


One of the things I enjoy about October is playoff baseball. I don't watch much of it during the season, but I watch as much as I can this time of year. It used to be that one could watch all the games on broadcast TV. But then, when the sport expanded the playoffs to 8 teams, some of the early round games started appearing on cable. Then, gradually, the entire first round could only be found on cable. And this year? The entire NLCS is on cable! What is this? Who has cable? Pretty soon, we'll have to watch the World Series on pay-per-view. This makes me mad.

2 comments :

  1. Is it horrible if I really, really wish this would happen in the NBA???
    (My husband swore he didn't watch sports when we were dating. Grrr.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It also makes me mad...I have cable, but I didn't used to, and I remember not getting to watch my Astros a few times and being really upset. Of course, this year I don't have the Astros, but I'm rooting for the Rockies. Not sure about the American League...I guess Boston.

    ReplyDelete