10.20.2007

Painful Flowers

Life is finally calming down around here. We slightly overbooked our schedules and it has been stressing me out. Not only did we have a lot going on, but most of it was all in a row, Sunday through Tuesday, without a single night to recuperate. But our Tuesday classes our over now and soon our Sunday stuff will be too. That leaves just Monday and Thursday with activities and plenty of down time for reading and crafts which makes me happy.

Not that I didn't enjoy Tuesday nights. I did. Craig was taking a dutch oven cooking class and I was taking a stained glass class. I actually met my goal of finishing my piece. I knew if I didn't get it done during the class, it would sit around almost finished for a long time. And I guess it was a harder goal that I thought; I ended up being the only person in the class to finish. Here it is:


Isn't it pretty? It better be, lots of blood, sweat and tears went into it. Okay, not sweat but I'm not kidding about the blood and tears. I'm not sure if stained glass is a good hobby for one as clumsy as me. I cut myself quite a bit on the little glass shards, stabbed myself with a big chunk of glass, then accidentally touched the soldering iron, twice, leaving a couple nice little blisters on my hands. It was fun. I'm not sure if I want to take the class again and try another piece. There is a big learning curve and I have already put the money into the equipment so the second time would be a lot less expensive and I would get a even better piece out of it. But the time and injuries are not easily dismissed from my mind.

1 comment :

  1. Well, it WAS pretty while it was up. Looks like your previous post about Blogger was correct, it is fickle as the picture of your project is gone. Anyway, you did a wonderful job on your first project, and you had curvy lines to follow! I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete