10.17.2007

Such a happy day!

Normally I feel more compelled to write when I have a bad day but not today. Tons of great stuff happened to me today.

I have been looking for a pair of khaki's for a long time and haven't been able to find a good pair. I just wanted a standard basic pair I could wear to work, even Gap didn't have any that I liked the look of and I was getting so frustrated. But today, after work, I went to D.I. (a Mormon thrift store) and found a pair of J.Crew khaki's in my size! They fit great and are super cute. I would have been happy to have found them at all, let alone for $4. I also got an American Eagle button up shirt for $6. I like button up shirts for work but too often they are boxy and boyish. But this one is a cute blue with little purple and lime strips that looks very girly and the shape works for me. So yeah for D.I. I also got a cute mug for my pencils that will look great in ...

my new cubicle! I have been waiting a couple months to move into my own cubicle and out of the student area. I haven't really minded not having my own space because I am rarely in my office and when I am, the students are normally there, but it is nice to have. I think tomorrow I will go buy a plant to put in there with me. Probably a cactus because I kill plants. For one of our first dates, Craig made me dinner and got me a tulip plant (tulips are my favorite plant). Within two weeks, it was dead. I hid it from Craig for a while but when he finally straight out asked how it was doing...I had to tell him that I had killed our love plant. It was sad moment.

Anyway, back to good stuff. Then I went to the library and they had another Francine Rivers book. I didn't think they had any that I hadn't read but they did! Plus, I got to sit and read magazines which I always like. I don't buy them because they are expensive entertainment as 1 magazine will only last me 30 minutes or so. But that is what is great about libraries.

After the library, I got to talk on the phone with one of my bestest bestest friends. I feel like I am awkward on the phone but I just need to get over that because whenever I talk to my good friends from Texas, I just get to uplifted. It did make me a little sad because I miss hanging out with them all, but it was so nice to catch up.

And when I got home, I found a package waiting for me. It was my new cranberry sweater coat. It's so cute and warm, it's like heaven. Not that heaven is going to be cute and warm but you get the picture. Even with my coupon it was about $85 which is more than I would typically pay for a sweater but not ridiculous by any means. And I figure if I wear it with my khaki's it will balance out. So now I am going to curl up on the couch in my sweater and read my book. The End.

2 comments :

  1. you killed your love fern???

    and dude..rock on DI shopper. i find great stuff there ALL THE TIME. not for me, though. usually for my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tulip plants die within 2 weeks normally, or so I believe. They are not really a long term plant. Sprout, flower, die. Then they come back next year.

    Now I could totally be wrong... but all of my tulips are lucky if they last this long.

    Have more faith in your green thumb. /smile

    Great deal on the pants btw. Wow.

    ReplyDelete