10.06.2007

Select a Candidate

MacKenzie's mom passed this quiz along to me. You answer 11 questions about your stance on several issues, and it compares your responses to those of the Presidential candidates, to find which one you are most closely aligned with.

My top four were:
  • John McCain
  • Fred Thompson - Duncan Hunter (tie)
  • Tom Tancredo
(Note to Mac's mom: I retook it after sending you my results.)

Apparently, McCain is the only one of the four who agrees with me that ethanol is lame. It also says I differ from all but Tancredo on immigration. Maybe that's true, but there's a big difference between McCain and Thompson on immigration, although this quiz doesn't differentiate.

The quiz says I agree with McCain that the Bush tax cuts should be made permanent. McCain, however, voted against those tax cuts when they were originally instituted.

Despite my understanding of the limitations of this quiz, I think it's safe for me to throw out McCain because I disagree with him on several important issues, and throw out Duncan Hunter because he has no chance. Once I do that, this quiz confirms that my support for Fred is appropriate.

I'd be interested in your results and observations.

7 comments :

  1. Thanks for the link. It was moderately enlightening; I am apparently still very compatible with Dennis Kucinich. We've been meant for each other since the last time he ran and no one noticed. Too bad he creeps me out in a way that prevents me from supporting him for completely invalid reasons. I was surprised that Obama and I aren't soulmates. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My top three: Tancredo, Hunter, then Thompson. As Fred is the only one of the three I have heard of, I think I'm sticking with him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. here's my top four...in order. get ready to cringe, my republican friend: TIE barack obama, hillary clinton, then a tie with mccain and romney.

    excuse me...i just threw up a little bit in my mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here are my top candidates:
    Duncan Hunter
    Fred Thompson
    Sam Brownback
    Mitt Romney

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jess, which one(s) made you upchuck.

    I don't know, Mac and Angela, maybe we should all just start supporting Duncan Hunter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't even know who Duncan Hunter IS! I guess it's time to research...

    ReplyDelete
  7. craig...obama and hillary were numero uno?? yikes. i do usually lean to the left, but this just freaked me out.

    i am not registered with either party. i am fairly moderate...and take sides on issues, not usually with party lines.

    ReplyDelete