11.07.2007

Election Recap

This won' t mean much to many people reading this, but I'll post my thoughts on today's state and local elections anyway.
  • The voucher program was defeated, as was expected by all. I was surprised by the margin, which was 65-35 last time I heard. I thought it would be closer.
  • I was happy to see two Logan City Council incumbents defeated. While I don't think the challengers are much better, this at least potentially sends a message to the new members that they'd better watch how they vote, or they might be on the losing end themselves in 4 years.
  • I was quite pleased with the results of the voting in Providence.
  • I was even more pleased to see the bus tax be roundly defeated everywhere in the county.
UPDATE: The final voucher tally was 62%-38% against.

3 comments :

  1. you sounded great on the radio last night, craig. i wasn't too surprised by the margin of defeat on the vouchers. i was shocked by th results in providence, however (and pleased) and was surprised at how close the transit tax was. i'm surprised that people would vote yes for something they don't use.

    i'm usually happy to see incumbents lose in a local election. however, i like incumbents on a federal level b/c utah needs all the help it can get. seniority gives us some assistance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where are the results? I would love to see the percentages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Jess. Bridge, head to the Herald Journal site.

    ReplyDelete