3.24.2009

We're back!

We made it back, alive and not burnt to a crisp (a fact I am both delighted and totally surprised by as I normally resemble a lobster after a day or two in the sun, no matter how much sunscreen I use).

Since we only made it back Sunday night and I had work yesterday, I am feeling a little overwhelmed. But the laundry is caught up again and we just went grocery shopping so the fridge now holds more than a loaf of bread and a couple beers so we are well on our way to being back in a routine.

I took bazillion pictures. Okay, maybe that is a slight exaggeration - we only took a million. And of course I have to edit them before I can show them to you. What can I say, photoshop is both a gift and a curse. So you will just have to wait to see and read about all the fun stuff we did. But I can't just leave you hanging, so here are some pictures that when we were almost home last night.

The bluebonnets were looking so lovely that I just had to make Craig stop.
This picture makes it look like we were alone but that is not the case. There were quite a few people taking pictures.
Of course, they were all taking pictures of their toddlers while I was taking pictures of my husband, but really, are they that different? Just kidding, Craig. Although getting Craig to give me a nice smile is about as difficult as working with a 2 year old probably is. But eventually, we got a good one and that is all the matters.

3 comments :

  1. I love the picture of you two. It turned out great! Maybe you'll have to use it for your '09 Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is the disclaimer, "No bluebonnets were harmed in the taking of this photo."?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I left out the part where Craig kept reminding me not to walk on, sit on or in anyway smush the bluebonnets. But I'm sure that they are a sturdy flower and will bounce back in no time.

    ReplyDelete