8.17.2007

The Rodeo

I told you I would talk about the rodeo, and your patience has not been for naught. In general, I like the idea of a local fair and rodeo; it's so homey. I like this one in particular because it was one of the first things I ever did in Logan and it is the one of only two things I have done here two years in a row (the other being a tubing trip down the canal) because Craig took me last year when I came to visit. This year we also tried out the rodeo. Actually, he wanted to do the rodeo this year but while I like rodeos, I get tired of them pretty early on and I hate to buy tickets and only stay for 1/3-1/2 of the event. But I agreed to try and stay the whole time anyway. But then, Friday morning on his way to work, Craig called into the local radio station and won us two tickets to that night's rodeo! So we got to go to the rodeo and I didn't even have to feel guilty for leaving right after the mutton busting (my favorite event) because we didn't spend any money on the tickets. Craig was excited.
And I have to admit, men being thrown off horses and bulls while the sunset turned the mountains into a pink wonderland reminiscent of planet unicorn did make me happy.


















But the best part was that we had enough in our "entertainment" budget to get funnel cake. I love funnel cake. Once, Craig went with me and my brothers to a baseball game and when I saw that they had funnel cake, I tried to ignore it, until Craig asked if it was called funnel cake because it was shaped like a funnel. The poor boy had never tasted one of the great joys of concession foods! I had to fix that. That was the last time I had gotten funnel cake until last week and, as you can see, it was a joyous reunion indeed.
After the rodeo, we explored the fair grounds, taking time to stop by and see the cows and chickens and pet the goats. Not these goats, they weren't very friendly. But at least they had ears, some of the other goats didn't have ears and they were really weird looking.
We also walked through all the canned goods and quilts and don't forget about the home town designs using dried vegetables. Would a local fair be complete without one?
One thing we didn't do was the rides. Neither of us is a real big fan of rides and my mom has instilled within me a proper fear of large portable metal objects that throw people around in the air. Plus, I would rather spend our money on more funnel cakes. Or lemonade. Or candy apples. But I did take a picture of one because they are so pretty and colorful.
I even played around with Photoshop to see what cool things I can do. I like the top one because it is so color intensive. But I like the bottom one because it seems less cluttered. Either way, I love Photoshop...and funnel cakes.

1 comment :

  1. i have never had a funnel cake either, however, i do love photoshop!

    ReplyDelete