8.06.2007

Oh, what a lady am I

I'd like to think that along with my transition from college student to fabulous career woman, I have morphed into an real adult. The kind of woman who is always dressed properly for whatever occasion she happens to be attending, one who never does ridiculous things, or puts her foot in her mouth, or any of those childish things that those young people do. But I can't and whenever I try, I find myself having what can only be described as an "Anne" moment.

Last night I made tuna pasta salad for dinner. It is one of my favorite summer meals and lucky for me, we had eaten lunch late in the afternoon and weren't too hungry at dinnertime. That meant leftovers for lunch. So today at lunch, out came my pasta salad with a side of fruit lunch. It was so much more elegant that my normal pb&j sandwich and granola bar. My feelings of grown-up-ness soon passed when I realized I didn't have a fork. At first I thought I could get by with just my pear to sustain me until after work. But right then my stomach growled and I knew in my heart (or stomach) that plan would never work. I need my three square meals a day. They are a necessity.

So I decided to eat it with my fingers. Now some foods are not that difficult to eat with your fingers. Tuna pasta salad does not happen to be one of those foods. It kept slipping through my fingers and I had to lean way over my desk to avoid it spilling onto my shirt. It was an absolutely mess. Luckily, my desk is kinda isolated and the others who work in that area were gone so no one saw me. But I still felt ridiculous and embarrassed. And all my feelings of grandeur were completely wiped away. Probably all for the best, I can't let myself get a big head.

No comments :

Post a Comment