8.24.2007

Thankful Thursday

I naturally have a tendency to whine a little bit. For a variety of reasons, I work really hard on limiting that on here, the main one being, who wants to listen to someone else whine? So I haven't said too much about our apartment, maybe just a slight nab every once in a while. But now that we live somewhere else, mentioning it's faults won't really be whining, it is more of being thankful for what I now have. (At least, that is what I am pretending) So...
  • I am thankful we now live someplace where the tub drains.
  • I am thankful we now live someplace where the sink drains.
  • I am thankful we now live someplace where the toilet flushes.
  • I am thankful we now live someplace where the bathroom and kitchen are not carpeted.
  • I am thankful we now live someplace where there is an air conditioner that works so I don't have to spend my evenings in a 95 degree room.
  • I am thankful for enough space that I can actually hang up all of my clothes (or put them in drawers) instead of keeping them in a rubbermaid container under the bed that I can only take out when the bathroom door is open (it was a tight squeeze).
I am also thankful for some things that are not really based on any negatives of our previous apartment, they are just nice things about our new place so they're a little more thankful that those above.
  • I am thankful for our washing machine. (I hope I will be thankful for clothes dried in the fresh air and sun since we don't have a working dryer.)
  • I am thankful for our back porch and backyard.
  • I am thankful for the extra room so I can set up a sewing and scrapbooking area.
  • I am thankful for wireless internet so I can write in this blog on a nice comfy bed or couch instead of sitting on a dinner room chair.
  • I am thankful for a kitchen that two people can stand in at one time.
  • I am thankful that we can keep gus-gus in a quieter, darker area so that he wakes up early enough at night that I can play with him.
  • I am thankful for the carport so I don't burn my bottom on the seat or my hand on the steering wheel if I want to go anywhere.
  • I will be thankful for the carport so I don't have to scrape snow off my car at 7:30 in the morning.
Before writing this post, I wondered why I didn't feel sad to leave that place. It was the first place we lived together as newlyweds. I thought I should feel nostalgic or something, but I didn't. At this point, that doesn't seem so odd.

No comments :

Post a Comment