11.07.2007

Backwards WFMW - Craft Area

I like to do a lot of different kinds of crafts but being a young married couple living in an apartment, we don't have a lot of space. We are about to move into a place with a spare bedroom so I can make a little bit of room there, but it will probably also end up being the office, random crap extra storage spot, hamster home and occasional guest bed-(or blow up mattress) room, so I can't completely take it over. I also don't have a lot of money to spend on a fancy craft table. I was thinking I could probably find a cheap card table at a garage sale but the tops are too soft to be good for a lot of crafts. I also have a chunk of plywood and I was trying to think of a good way to use that as a solid surface but it is prone to giving me splinters. See why I need your help? It's another Backwards WFMW so tell me what works for you! Any ideas would be much appreciated? I don't mind having to be creative to get it to work.

Even if you can't think of any, head over to Rocks in My Dryer and see if you can help anyone else out with their Backwards WFMW.

6 comments :

  1. wow! It's amazing how similar our spare bedroom is! Mine is a home to a hedgehog, extra storage room, and soon an inflatable bed for guests.

    I too, want some sort of craft table. This summer, I was rummage saling and I found a good size table, it had three drawers right under the top and room for a chair to fit underneath. I would have purchased it, but right now I don't have room for it.

    You could try something like that, it would give you a little extra storage and it wouldn't take up too much room.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i say use the kitchen table for crafting and eat in front of the tv.

    but that's just me. it's probably not the best idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you can still try garage sales, i found a pretty nice wood desk that is around 2.5' x 3' for $10 and I've used it for modeling and drafting! Or there is stuff called chipboard (its densly compacted scraps of cardboard i think) that they sell at hobby lobby/michaels, and if you get a sheet of that (2 ply thickness) its a nice smooth surface, but you can still cut on it. Those run about 8 bucks and are around 36" x 48" maybe. :) But ive used that to put on top of bad tables and it works great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Target has a Banquet Folding Table for $29! Plenty of workspace, but also easily moved. Which would mean when I come for a visit I have a place to eat, and room to sleep. Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ever heard of on-line shopping? :)

    ReplyDelete