11.08.2007

My special blue wall.

Craig mentioned our new place. I am pretty excited about it. For the last few months we have been house sitting. I have enjoyed that, especially the rent free part, but I am ready to move back to a place with my own "stuff." I have not actually seen the new place because someone is living there still and when they were able to do the tour, I wasn't able to get away from work. But Craig took pictures and I am confident in his tastes and opinions.

My favorite part of the whole place is the blue wall. I love having color on my walls, I think it comes from a childhood of "army white" walls surrounding me. And if I could have picked my ideal bedroom pain situation, it would be white with one light blue accent wall. Blue is my favorite color, it is so relaxing, just what a bedroom should be. Because our bedding is mostly brown with just a little blue and being up against a blue wall would just make everything "pop" so nicely. And I like accent walls, it seems so bold and stylish to paint just one wall and not the whole room. So imagine my surpise and delight when Craig showed me the pictures and there in the bedroom was one wall painted the perfect shade of light blue. Oh, I just knew that this was the place for us.

Which made me feel good because we originally had a different apartment picked out and we were going to call Friday and get it. But we got distracted and decided to call Monday instead. But on Monday they said someone called and got it over the weekend. At first I was disappointed but quite quickly, I felt really good about that which was surprising since I didn't think we had much of a chance finding another apartment here that fit all our needs. But I gave it to God and let it go. This is often a hard thing for me to do, but that day, it happened. And God provided a place we like even better, with a special blue wall just for me. I think everyday I see that wall, I will be reminded that God has a better plan for me than I can even imagine. Unless of course, the landlord forgets to inform the occupants that they do not need to repaint because the new tenant named MacKenzie absolutely adores that wall. But that wouldn't happen, would it?

2 comments :

  1. I love that you have a blue wall; remember it wasn't your first (Korea)! And someday, I'm going to have color, lots and lots of color in my real house . . . someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when things in life turn out that way...Where you just know that it is how it is supposed to work out.

    ReplyDelete