11.26.2007

College Football Makes No Sense

Let's try to get this straight:
  • Kansas, the #2 team, lost to the #4 team, and so they drop to...#5?
  • Kansas is behind Georgia (#4), who has two losses, including one to...
  • Tennessee, who won the SEC East (ahead of Georgia), but is #14?
  • Ohio State (#3), whose one loss was to an unranked team, is ahead of aforementioned Kansas, whose one loss was to the #4 (now #1) team?
  • Virginia Tech (#6) is ahead of LSU (#7) even though they both have two losses and LSU beat Va. Tech?
This whole idea that a late-season loss is worse than an earlier-season loss makes no sense. Neither does Division I-A college football, for that matter.

3 comments :

  1. I agree. It's almost as arbitrary as the 2004 Presidental election.

    Sorry, I couldn't just post a comment saying I agree with Craig. I was afraid my computer might spontaneously combust or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it's not like ANYBODY thinks the BCS is a good system. Except the dudes who are making millions of dollars off of it, of course.

    ReplyDelete