7.21.2008

And we're back.

Whew, we're I'm home. We got in around 2am and get a few hours of sleep before 8am when I had to be at work and Craig had to load up his work's truck and drive 8 hours to Nevada for his last week of work. I'm so sleepy but I am sure he is more so I won't complain.

We had a great weekend and I have lots of fun pictures to post but that will have to wait. I have so much to do before Wednesday when people come to take our dresser away and K. comes to help me pack. I'm not organized enough to pack yet!

I did a little after dinner today but then had to rush to bible study and after I got home I realized I only had energy for one more pre-move task - making these cookies. I stumbled upon this recipe a while ago and have meant to try them for a while but here are the three reasons I choose today to finally do so:

#1. I need chocolate right now. And as I am a women, that is a valid excuse all by itself but there is also

#2. It uses up a lot of ingredients in my pantry that I seldom use but don't want to just throw out when we move.

#3. Wednesday I will be packing up my big pot so this was my last chance.

Now that I have finished writing this, the cookies should have cooled so I am going to have myself a snack then finish up some books. Oh wait, "finish the library books and take them back" is another of my pre-move tasks. Man, I am being so efficient tonight.

5 comments :

  1. Psst! I met Rocks In My Dryer. It was cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my mom used to make those cookies a lot when we were growing up. The only difference, we didn't wait for them to cool, just ate it in is warm gooeyness :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tagged you for a meme. You could do it and schedule it to post while you were busy. Just so, you know, we don't have to have BBRC withdrawal. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loralee - I'm so jealous

    Amanda - I ate some warm "dough" and it was better than the cookies. They were good too, but I halved the recipe and my fraction skills went awry so they were a bit more oatmeal-y than they should have been.

    Karen - My first meme, how exciting. And you're right, it will be nice to have something quick and easy to post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. paul's favorite cookie is the no-bake cookie. and they're great for summer b/c you don't have turn on the oven.

    ReplyDelete