7.30.2008

Wisconsin Adventure II: The random day between the bachlorette party and the wedding

Friday we woke up well rested and ready to take on the day. Oh wait, that was just me. Craig woke up feeling a little less than peppy but when there are state capitols and history museums to see, nothing will stop him.

We started with the Wisconsin Historical Museum. Honestly, it wasn't very good. Now, my thinking it was boring wouldn't really mean much but that was Craig's opinion too.

But I did get to take these snazzy pictures sitting on a tractor so it wasn't a total wash.

We then headed to the Capitol.
It was nice but not as cool as Texas' since you can't do the neat whisper echo trick.
The views from the top were pretty awesome though.
You might not be able to tell but Craig is holding up The Onion we just happened to come across after he picked it up while walking from the museum to the capitol.
Ironic, huh?By then it was time to meet this groom fellow who was going to marry my dear Rachel.
We sat around the student union area at the University of Wisconsin. With so many of us, no one really got a chance to talk to Neal a lot but luckily he will be married to Rachel for a long time so we should have plenty of time to learn all about him.

This picture isn't great but it illustrates three things about our time there.
1. There was beer. Since it was Wisconsin, one shouldn't be surprised. I even took one sip so I could check it off of my "things you have to do in Madison" list.

2. There was a lake. It was big. It was pretty. It had a cow boat on it. (If you didn't know, a cow boat is a boat painted with cow spots - how fun!)

3. It was sunny and I was wearing a sleeveless shirt.

The picture does not illustrate the fact that I did not plan very well and wasn't wearing sunscreen for any part of the 2+ hours we were there. I think you can see where I am going with this, but if not, you will be able to see it in the pictures from my third installment of Wisconsin Adventures. Get excited, it's the one with the pretty white dress.

5 comments :

  1. The more I think about it, the surer I am that that's the cutest picture of Neal and me ever taken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shoes totally coordinate with that tractor. Hee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Thx for helping C&S with their blog. How can someone from Texas be a MN Twins fan? I just needed to know. Carrie's Mom in MN also a great MN Twins fan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel, you may freely use the photo for non-commercial purposes under US copyright law.

    anon, I grew up in ND, so the Twins were my local team.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thx Craig, that explains it.

    ReplyDelete