7.13.2008

A Party, A Picture, A Poll

Last Friday, my friend K and I went to the aforementioned party. It was fun and I was correct in my assumption that there would be lots of gabbing. Afterwards, she invited me to go with her and her husband to the gallery walk/sidewalk sale around town. Lots of the shops on (and just off of) Main Street host artists' work and put out snacks so everyone wanders around eating and gazing. It's free and fun and since Craig wasn't getting home until 10ish, I appreciated having people to wander with. Both K. and her husband S. are artists and are quite informative to have around at these types of things, but they aren't snotty at all about it and welcome my opinion on what looks good and doesn't. I heart them.

At one of the stores, there was a contest for a pen and ink drawing of yourself but you had to be present to win. We probably would have moved on by the time a winner was drawn but S. saw someone he knew and they had stopped to chat. 5 minutes later they drew a name, and lo and behold - it was mine. Isn't that a shocking plot twist to the story, I mean, you could not have possibly seen it coming :-)

After sitting kinda still for 30 minutes (hey, it's hard) here is the result. What do you think?




1 comment :