7.08.2007

National News

Back in February, I commented on the old site about a local incident that made national news. In that case, a hockey player dropped trou on ice and was cited for lewdness. Well, there's another local story that made national news, and it again involves unnecessary legal action.

In this case, a 76-year-old woman has been banned from using the bus system because she accosts people that, in her mind, have too many kids, and suggests they use birth control. Last time she got on the bus, they arrested her for trespassing. The bus spokeperson says she "intimidates" riders. If you are intimidated by an old woman, I think you have problems. As a bus rider, I can also say that, if this is all it takes to get kicked off the bus, I can think of a dozen or so others (mainly in the high-school age bracket) that should also be evicted. Maybe I'll start requesting it.

No comments :

Post a Comment