7.22.2007

Day at the Beach

Tired of being stuck in our tiny hot apartment, Craig and I decided to spend yesterday at Bear Lake. It was difficult for me in the morning because I was so engrossed in Harry Potter but I managed to eat my cereal and get into my swim suit while still reading and I even read on the way there, despite the fact that we were driving through trees so I kept getting that half shade-half sun blinking effect that sometimes happens. I thought I was going to have a seizure. We got there early enough to grab a good spot on the sand. Craig went off to have a fun time frolicking
while I roasted in the sun, trying to finish. I eventually took a 10 minute break to cool off in the water but then was drawn back so Craig joined me although his reading material was boring compared to mine (or compared to an anatomy textbook for that matter)
About 12:30 I finished. [Total reading time was appr. 5 hours, I would have read it all through the night but Craig couldn't sleep with the light on and I didn't want him falling asleep on the drive up to the lake and killing us so at 2:30 I turned off the light , despite the fact that I waited at the store for over three hours but had only read for about an hour.]
Since I was know able to breath normally, we grabbed lunch and immediately jumped into the water - we live on the edge. We had brought a picnic and a blanket but other people there were a tad excessive. The people behind us had a brought along a store bought canopy, a makeshift canopy made from a tarp and poles, and a propane grill. It was ridiculous and took them about an hour to get everything set up when they could have been having fun like we were, relaxing in our "boat."
Some people just don't know the thrill of a simple day at the beach.

3 comments :

  1. Hey, Craig, what are some of the best places to live? I need to know within the next year or so . . . Bob's retiring . . . we've checked out Huntsville and I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and MacKenzie, I don't think you should EVER say that your man "frolics" . . . just not good. Uh, uh, nope!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I reject the Money list. See why here and here.

    ReplyDelete