7.18.2007

I'm a rebel

You may not believe it but I am about to offer proof. Everyday, I go downstairs and grab a paper towel from this paper towel dispenser before I eat my lunch.

At first glance, this may appear to be your average, everyday, paper towel dispenser. Don't be fooled. It is obnoxious and I hate it. Mostly because of that stupid little sign. It has completely unnecessary instructions saying to pull with both hands. If that wasn't enough, it has those instructions in three different languages along with three different pictures showing you the proper and improper ways of using it.
I don't know why this causes me to hate it so passionately but it does. Maybe because I feel like it is looking down on me, or maybe because I feel like it is ridiculous that it needs so much instructions but there is probably some law saying that it is needed. So you know what I do, every single day, just to spite this stupid machine and whoever wrote that stupid sign? I pull with only ONE hand. It's true. I have never used both hands to get myself a paper towel and I don't think I ever will. It's the principle. See, I really am a rebel.

3 comments :

  1. I'm worried about you showing disdain for a simple machine . . . and when it breaks we will know just who to blame!

    ReplyDelete
  2. right on sister! :) i dont know whats funnier! you trying to prove something to a paper towel dispenser, or the fact that you took 2 pictures of it to prove your point :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. For the record, this paper towel dispenser is in the lunch room, not the bathroom. When Craig asked me if it was weird taking picture in the bathroom I realized that point wasn't clear.

    ReplyDelete