7.27.2007

Yeah, Shut Up!

John Edwards says "they want to shut me up!" Well, he's right. And not because I fear his message of "ending the war and universalizing health care." It's because he's a joke.

Never mind the hair, the fact that he worked at a hedge fund "to learn about poverty", or the fact that he has his wife out there doing his dirty work for him. I base my assessment on his positions.

This poverty bit he does is straight from the 1960's, and his solutions are no better than the ones enacted back then. The best way to reduce poverty is to promote economic growth. Edwards' tax hikes. minimum wage hikes, and protectionism will do exactly the opposite, as any Economics 101 student could tell you.

He's also wedded to the idea that government health care will be better and cheaper, when in fact the opposite is true.

I must give the Democrats some credit, though. They didn't actually nominate him for president in 2004, and I don't think they will in 2008, either. That has to count for something.

3 comments :

  1. Did you see this Onion headline?

    http://www.theonion.com/content/news/john_edwards_vows_to_end_all_bad

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's supposed to be john_edwards_vows_to_end_all_bad after news/

    ReplyDelete
  3. While I support the elimination of splinters and soil erosion, I kind of like thunder.

    ReplyDelete