7.09.2007

A Love Story

I don't really consider myself to be a materialistic person but every once in a while, I am given (or buy) something that makes me really really happy. This past weekend was one of those times. At home, we have a laptop. It is great and I am very thankful to my brother for letting us borrow his as Craig's was really old and my computer would have taken up about 1/5 of my entire apartment. However, it only has one of those little squares that you move your finger around on, instead of a nice, normal, easy to use mouse. I hated it from the very beginning. Craig has never had any problems with it so I figured it was just because I was not used to it but 6 months later and I swear it is giving me more problems now than before. I try to open Firefox and suddenly there are seven open windows! I try to click a line in an email to fix a little typo and it goes a line above, then a line below, then a line above. I accidentally delete photos when all I want to do is rename them. Honestly, I think it realized my true feelings and now hates me back. But the only thing I was really doing on our home computer was checking my email and blogging here so I just couldn't justify buying a actual mouse, especially since the cheapest our Wal-mart had was $20. But lately I have been doing a bit of graphics work and I just couldn't handle it so Craig suggested (okay, demanded) that we buy a mouse before the insurance agency has to pay for a new computer because this one accidentally fell out of the window. So on Saturday, we swung by Best Buy and there it was - a little mouse, (cute, wireless, optical - it was all I have ever wanted in a mouse), all alone on the shelf, on sale for $5. I call that destiny. My mouse and I have been so happy together these last 3 days, I just hope the honeymoon phase lasts for a very long time.

2 comments :

  1. I have one of those! I think I had to pay 10 or 15, but its been a good friend to me....if only i could find it now.... :/ its probably packed away somewhere

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe the cat ate it!

    Oh well....

    ReplyDelete