10.23.2008

Finally

I don't know what it is about fall, but as soon as the weather gets even a tad bit chilly, I get the strong urge to start craft projects, anything and everything from sewing and quilting to crochet and scrapbooking. It started last week for me and I knew before I could start anything new, I had to finish Craig's quilt. Yes, the quilt I started last August.

Well, I was now motivated so I picked it up and in about 5 hours finished the work that had been sitting there for months. It is done! I love it. I think I am going to have to improve my machine quilting because it takes forever to hand quilt but I love how it looks. I was originally worried about the red and maroon clashing but Craig and I had a really tough time finding fabric we both liked so I went with it anyway and now I really like it. I especially like the back, it just screamed Craig to me.
I can't wait to start my next quilting project. I have a few ideas that I need to narrow down, all of which are a bit more creative than the t-shirt quilt, three of those is enough for a while.

4 comments :

  1. :) cute! I made my sister a quilt once...it didn't turn out so well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing says accomplishment like finishing something you've put off for a year! And it turned out great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the top picture, did the corner of the quilt just happen to flop that way, or is there a t-shirt under there that's being hidden for nefarious reasons?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, I put it like that since I wanted to see the back but then I decided I wanted to take another picture of the back anyway.

    I do believe that is just a picture of an alligator from his trip to Australia. Nothing nefarious at all.

    ReplyDelete