10.17.2008

We are busy busy people in a busy busy world.

I have a couple of fun posts with cute pictures lined up but my wireless wasn't happy last night so I could post them. So instead, you get to read my too do list for this week. Mostly because if I don't write it down, I will forget stuff. And I have already lost my menu for this week so paper and I are on the outs right now.

After a couple of busy traveling weekends, we had a weekend lined up with no major plans and I was so excited about it that I started mentally compiling a list of things I wanted to get accomplished on my "free weekend." It has now turned into a long list and I don't think I will get it completed. But that is okay, I will try. And I will make sure I fit a nap or two in there as well, don't worry.

This weekend I will (try to)...

Rush home to get ready for our dinner party for the poor pitiful grad students in Craig's office who live off of ramen noodles and frozen dinners (at least their standards aren't high).

Midnight yell - don't forget the mugging...too tired, maybe next week. Still fit in some mugging though.

Make 2 week menu (attempting to move from a week long menu)

Grocery shopping

Make double batch of spaghetti sauce to freeze

Make granola bars (recipe may be coming soon, I'm still working out some quirks) Changed this to wheat thins, I have more granola bars left over from last week than I thought.

Roast a pumpkin and make it into a pie

Finish Christmas gift list

Start compiling supplies for homemade gifts

Switch summer and winter clothes

Try to put everything back into teenie tiny closet

Go to the library

Whew, I'm tired even thinking about it. But it's all fun stuff and there is always next weekend to finish up.

6 comments :

  1. switch summer and winter clothes ha ha! You and Craig are such yankees! :) You're so amazing, a two week menu! I'm lucky to get one week...usually because I know I'll default to some sort of noodle dish. But streching out culinary creativity for two weeks is very impressive I must say! (That and you make your own sauce!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to take the yankee comment as a compliment. And homemade spaghetti sauce is so easy to make and takes much much better than anything you can buy. It takes a free day because it takes a few hours but you only have to stir it every 20-30 minutes when it is simmering so it isn't much work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. no I didn't mean 'yankee' as a bad thing! It just seems like people who live in areas with more than two seasons, have separate wardrobes, because they need them. I just layer, since it doesn't get that cold. I guess I have a few sweaters, but they're always up in the closet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I try to do a two week menu but I usually don't feel like eating anything I've planned. :S

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh... would you email me an example of your two week menu? I really want to create one and would love to have ideas. Even if I change it up a bit! Plus I would love your homemade spagetti sauce recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loralee - I am the opposite, if I don't have anything planned, I just stand in the kitchen trying to think of things but nothing sounds good. If I have it planned, I get excited all day long just thinking about the deliciousness that awaits me that night.

    Bridge - I will post them.

    ReplyDelete